Skilled New York Personal Injury Lawyers
Representing victims of negligence on Long Island and throughout Nassau County and New York City
At Michael Sepe, LLC our attorneys put extensive legal experience into protecting the rights of injured clients. But what constitutes a personal injury? And why should you file a claim in Long Island or Nassau County if you have been injured?
Personal injury means any type of harm inflicted as a result of someone else’s negligence, carelessness or intentionally wrongful conduct. While this typically denotes physical harm, psychological injury, financial harm and even character defamation are also valid forms of personal injury. Many New York personal injury cases involve more than one type of harm.
Aside from being a stressful and exhausting ordeal, dealing with a personal injury may leave you with tremendous medical expenses, significant property damage, lost wages from missed work and severe emotional distress. At our law firm, the goal is to help you maximize your recovery — physical, emotional and financial — by helping you initiate a claim for compensation. Based on the facts of your case, we can help you pursue legal action against the person or entity responsible for causing you harm.
Respected by their peers
Michael Sepe, LLC is proud to have received the following professional recognitions:
- Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards, as established by the confidential peer review opinions obtained from members of the Bar and Judiciary.
- Recognized in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers published by Martindale-Hubbell, which includes only those select law practices that have earned the highest rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, the AV Preeminent Rating, and have been designated by their colleagues as preeminent in their field. Fewer than 5% of the law firms in America qualify for this rating.
Types of personal injuries
Most often, negligent behavior, action or inaction leads to some type of accident or incident, which causes injury. In other cases, personal injuries result from intentional wrongdoing or gross negligence. The Long Island injury lawyers of Michael Sepe, LLC have experience with cases in all areas of the field.
We regularly handle claims and litigation related to the following situations:
- Traffic accidents — Accidents involving car collisions, truck and bus crashes, motorcycle accidents, pedestrians and bicyclists, or public transportation in which someone is injured. We also represent clients injured in drunk-driving accidents, and are prepared to pursue owners of bars, taverns and restaurants that serve alcohol when their irresponsibility led to a drunk driver taking the road.
- Construction accidents — Injuries from accidents on a construction site, including falls from ladders, window washing accidents and injuries involving machines like cranes or forklifts.
- Catastrophic injuries — Serious trauma, such as brain and spinal cord damage, paralysis, internal injuries and even certain birth injuries typically require extensive and expensive medical and rehabilitative treatment and long-term caregiving expenses. Our attorneys make sure that victims obtain full compensation to cover these costs.
- Premises accidents — Accidents in which a property or location is not adequately maintained and an individual slips, trips or falls and suffers harm.
- Dangerous and defective products — Injuries that result from poor design, incorrect assembly or manufacturing or inadequate packaging of a consumer product.
- Wrongful death — When injuries turn out to be fatal, family members of the deceased can file a wrongful death claim seeking compensation for funeral and burial costs, as well as other financial and emotional damages.